Monday, April 7, 2025

A "Good" Mom


Let's start with the good stuff. I love being a mom. My son Collin is the light of my life. If you are not a mom, I don't think you can fully understand the love a mom has for her child. It is truly undescribable. And I didn't "get it" until I had my own son.


We've had some rough times with Collin. Although he started talking at an early age (9 months) he never crawled; he scooted, and he didn't do that until he was 13 months old. When we realized he wasn't mobile like other kids his age, like any parents we began to worry. We went through numerous medical tests (an EEG and MRI) to rule out any neurological damage. Luckily, the kid was fine and after a few months of physical therapy, he was not only crawling, but finally walking at around 18.5 months. I give you this background only to say, the kid has always been on his own time table. He's a bit stubborn too, but what can I say he gets it honestly. :)


Collin is now 2 and he owns every bit of it. He's funny, he's mischievious, he loves to run "super fast," as he says. He definitely talks my ear off. The kid has a running commentary on just about everything. He's "that kid" who has a twinkle in his eye and seems wise beyond his age. I talk to him like he is an adult because I swear he understands every word. It's really quite remarkable to think I had a part in making such a person. I can not imagine my life without my Baby Bear, my little Collin Bug.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Blogging is so fun, I've made some friends out of fellow bloggers as well, it's great way to connect to other people and to keep friends/family up to date, which is great for me since most of my family is out of state!! Good job, I'll be checking your bloggity blog all the time!! I know..I have 3 blogs..I'm a lame-o!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan- I'm super excited about this little find! It took you leaving a comment to find you! I do believe you are perfect for blogging! I always enjoy your humor and your writing. Your title and approach are so down to earth and make all of us take a big sigh of relief. We are all "that mom" in different ways. I can't handle the guilt of being a "good mom" for one kid and "that mom" for another. Multiple children really complicate all of our parenting dilemmas. But really, lets just laugh at it and accept that we are all doing the best we can, at that moment, for that child.

    Oh no! I didn't mean to rant in this comment. I meant to say.... I am super excited to get more updates on your fabulous family and to stay connected to my long-time pre-school friend. (You seriously remember pre-school????)

    Can't wait for more bloggity-blog. (Thanks for the new word, Hillary)

    ReplyDelete