Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The "Not Just A Mom" Mom


Today I remembered that I am not just a mom, but also a wife. I don't know about you other moms out there, but sometimes I really feel like I take my hubby for granted. He's such a good guy that he puts up with my moodiness and general shenanigans, so it's really easy for me to just put him on the back burner. We've had a rough few months. Most of you know I suffered a miscarriage in May, and I have to say it's thrown me for a loop. I just haven't been "myself."

Then out of the blue, I get a "ding dong" at the door and a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a really sweet note from my hubby. If that doesn't jolt me back into our relationship, I don't know what could!

So today I am vowing to put our relationship first. If you're like me, it's really easy to let taking care of your child (children) take over your life. And don't get me wrong, I love my little munchkin to pieces (even if he doesn't eat), but if mom and dad aren't solid, then he's not as well taken care of as he should be.

So, thank you sweet hubby! I'm glad you sent me flowers and more importantly I'm glad that you reminded me how much I love you and why I love you. You always seem to take care of our relationship and for that I am grateful. So grateful, in fact, that you may just get lucky tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment