Monday, January 10, 2011

The "Pregnant" Mom

I know I've been pregnant before, but I have to say being pregnant while you have a toddler is a whole new ballgame. I'm beyond tired pretty much most of the day and I'm finding it hard running after my little munchkin as he takes off down the aisles of the supermarket.

That being said, having Collin around for this pregnancy is kind of nice. I feel like I have a little buddy to talk about the baby with during the day while my hubby is at work. Oh sure, a lot of times Collin pretends he's not having a baby brother, but most of the time he listens and engages in a conversation with me intently. And it truly makes this pregnancy go by faster. Can you believe I'm in the last 8 weeks? Part of me feels like I've been pregnant forever, but truly it really has gone by pretty quickly. And knowing this is my last makes me want to savor every piece of food that is crossing my lips because I know I'll never eat with abandon like this again.

Here I am at 7 months...and yes, I've been eating well.



But I digress...the real purpose of this post was to talk about some things that people should never say to a pregnant lady. You would think people would have more common sense, but truly here is a list of things I have heard during this pregnancy that would have been better left unsaid.



1) Wow...you're really widening out (This was said by my own father...he claims he thought this statement would make for an easier birthing experience...huh??!!)
2) Are you sure you're not having twins? (Well, I've had like 12 ultrasounds and yes, I'm SURE!)
3) You're showing so early this time! (I guess I'd rather people say this and know I'm pregnant than for them just to think I'm getting fat, but seriously, I don't need to hear it either way...I can see myself, and every day I put on clothing that doesn't fit, I get it!)
4)You look like you're about to pop! or Are you due in a few weeks?(Both said to me when I was only like 6 months along...awesome).
5) Are you going to try for a girl? (I guess I understand this question since this is my second boy...but no...I'm not going to try for a girl...I mean, seriously obviously my husband makes boys and a 3rd child just to have certain gender that's crazy talk...they do realize it could be a 3rd boy right?!)

Ok, so if you happen to encounter a pregnant lady and one of these statements pops into your head, just refrain from saying it out loud. Instead say something like, "There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman." Yeah, now that's something I'd want to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment