Monday, April 12, 2010

An "Active Parent" Mom

I know my kid is only 2, but today I visited my first preschool in Lincoln. There are only about 4 preschools in this town, so apparently you have start early if you want your pick of the liter. It was so much fun to see the colors, stories, and imaginative play of the preschool. It really brought me back to memories of my own. And yes, I totally remember my preschool.

Before going, we told Collin that we were going to check out a school today for him to attend...just like Nemo wants to go to school. (Nemo is his latest obsession). The whole car ride he was talking about the toys and games that might be there. It was so cute. The best part though was after about 15 minutes of touring the place, Collin looks at me and my husband, then the teacher and proclaims, "Have to go bye bye" while heading toward the door. I guess 15 minutes was plenty for him. Good thing he's not starting for another year!

I felt like I was really taking an active part in my child's education today. While I know I'm going to cry my eyes out the day I actually do send him to preschool, I know it is the right thing for him. I'm really looking forward to him learning and having little friends. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment