Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A "Enabling Pusher" Mom


Here's my kid. Cute, right? We are at Disneyworld for his 2nd birthday and here he is eating his birthday cupcake with gusto. You would never know that this kid is the world's worst eater. He's still eating baby food veggies and fruit. The only "real" food he eats are anything carbohydrate related. He used to love cheese. He used to love strawberries. He used to love turkey sandwiches. No more! Now he loves chicken nuggets, crackers, and granola bars.
This is proving very frustrating to me. I waste a lot of food trying to "introduce" new foods to him. He is also totally capable of feeding himself with a spoon, albeit a bit messy (I've seen him do it), but throws a crazy tantrum for me to feed him with it. And yes, I give in.
Hence, I have become one version of "that mom." I believe I am an enabler/pusher. How can I be both? They seem contradictory, right? Oh no...see I enable him for awhile and then I get fed up and become the pusher...trying to all of a sudden get him to feed himself with a spoon, etc. I never thought I would be either one. How did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment