Thursday, April 8, 2010

A "Lady Who Lunches" Mom


Today was awesome because my wonderful husband took the day off so I could have lunch with an old friend. I was so excited about this that I actually think I was a better mom today before and after my lunch date. It's amazing what a 3 hour break can do to help a mama out!
I started the morning taking Collin to Story Time at the Library with my husband. It was so fun to watch Jerry watch Collin because he never gets to go with us. The picture here is from an old story time a few months ago, but you can get the idea. Anyway, Jerry took Collin to lunch after and my girlfriend picked me up at the library for our lunch date. I got to talk "adult" and have a margarita. And when I got home, I was super excited to spend the rest of the evening with Collin. I missed that little bug-a-boo!

1 comment:

  1. you DID blog about it..lol..so funny, aren't breaks wonderful?? I totally feel reenergized and refreshed after I have a couple hours break, it gives your reserves time to fuel up and deal with the kids again, and yes I enjoy them much more after I've had some "me" time!! Kudos to Jerry for being the good daddy/husband and allowing you to have a martini at noon!! yippee!

    ReplyDelete